Afterschool.me is revolutionizing how children participate in sports, arts and technology. When the school day ends, we want every family to use Afterschool.me so a kid’s dream can become reality. Currently, there are more than 60 million k-12 students in the USA but only 8.5 million participate in afterschool activities. Participation in extracurricular programs increases a student’s likelihood for success in the classroom, staying healthy, increased confidence and avoiding drugs, alcohol and teen pregnancy. If you want to be part of the Afterschool.me revolution to help inspire more kids to participate in afterschool activities and reduce the barriers to participation, keep reading…
Brand Ambassador (Strategic Marketing Internship):
Afterschool.me is searching for passionate, energetic and committed ambassadors. We are currently located in Los Angeles and will be expanding to cities across the country. We will select the most promising candidates at respective universities.
1) Crafting social media messaging for your area.
2) Market research on afterschool programs and free activities.
3) Speaking on behalf of Afterschool.me to the best afterschool programs in your community.
4) Creating and implementing a grassroots marketing strategy.
5) Have fun with our team during breaks as we play kickball, attend improv and other random goodness that relate to sports, arts and tech!
1) College Credit Where Applicable.
2) Paid Stipend Based on Experience.
3) Exposure to Advisors from ESPN, HBO + Mashable.
15-40 hours per week depending on availability, and the dates are flexible (ideally June – September).
Los Angeles Headquarters or Remotely (but only if you have the internet, which was invented by Al Gore).
Visit Us/Application Process:
Applicants can apply by submitting a resume and one paragraph cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should briefly explain your interest in afterschool activities and why it is important every kid has an opportunity to participate in sports, arts and technology.